THE ROTARY DOCTORS SWEDEN.
Rotary Doctors Sweden is a humanitarian organization, sending volunteer doctors to developing countries to help bridge the gap between health needs and service. The RDS which head office is in Sweden cooperates with Community Nursing Services to reach out to hard to reach and vulnerable communities with medical outreach services while motivating and building the capacity of the community to establish own sustainable health care.
The Rotary Doctors Sweden and Community Nursing services are therefore key community partners as well as the county government, with close cooperation to Sub County Health management team. Our mission is to see a healthy and productive community.
The Rotary Doctors Sweden and Community Nursing services joint activities
- Medical Outreach Programs in rural communities to help them attain sustainable health care unit.
- Community-led total sanitation.
- Provision of Clean water by spring protection and shallow well sinking.
- Community health volunteers’ training.
- Free dental checkup and treatment for primary schools.
- Reproductive health advocacy to women.
- Mentorship program with Kachiliba Sub County hospital in West Pokot
Our programs areas includes:
Kakamega County – Matungu Sub County – Dental project.
Transzoia County – Mobile outreach clinics, CLTS in both Kwanza and Endebess Sub County.
West Pokot County – Mentorship, preventive services and reproductive health advocacy for women.